#2. Finals is Over!

01:12:00



Yay, I'm officially free from the exam stress and all. Feels good to be breathing (Coughcough. Not really. The haze in Malaysia is still bad). Anyway anyhoo, I'm sure all of you guys have your own plans on what you'd like to do once you're done with your papers. It's almost similar to that of a New Year's Resolution. No biggie.

Not gonna lie but I'm actually having mixed feelings here. Like, some of my friends are still having their exams going on and I'm here like... free? I don't know where to begin. I'm free, yet bored, kinda wanna do something and kinda just wanna laze around all day. You know, that usual college student mood you get once in a while, no? Kay, if life was that simple, huh? Then again, I'm also pretty excited that I ACTUALLY have more spare time to focus on the things that I wanted to do or couldn't do (because I was procrastinating... sometimes).

Being a Club President definitely taught me how to deal with people (really), I learnt that you can't actually please everyone inside and outside the club. And you can't exactly stop rumours from spreading. But hey, what you can do is actually please yourself. That's what I'm doing... pretty much these days. And honestly, it does make me feel a whole lot better compared to the time when I just started my presidency post. That reminds me, "My Goals for this Semester Break".

It's always tempting to procrastinate (a lot) when you've got too much free time. So a little challenge once in a while would help avoid that. First off, I'm not exactly one of the most hardworking Asians out there. But what I do know is that, when I work, I work. When I play, I play.

So let's cut the chase, and I'll let you know what I'll be doing for this break, we have:

Improve my Mandarin speaking skills
As ironic as it sounds, I'm a Chinese who doesn't really speak her mother-tongue. Chinese is kinda like my 2nd language around here. Don't even get me started on how I suck in using chopsticks! ... Anyway, my friend Lizza calls me a "Hybrid Banana" so we'll just stick with that nickname for a while.

Improve my Make-up skills
To come clean with you guys, I don't really use make-up. However, I really am interested in learning more about it. I don't know, it just seems fun? I think knowing how to apply make-up can be extremely handy in certain situations. Usually, I do use make-up going to college, but they're just plain light make-up (Who needs heavy make-up for college anyway?). Just some skin tone foundation and light face powder, little bit of eye-liner and a small hint of lip tint works well for me. Unless you're in a hurry, then just the face powder and some lip balm would do the trick!

Practice my Vocal skills
I haven't been singing for some time now, as in the public-singing-kinda thing. It takes a while to get used to the tone and pitch stuff. Just thinking about my old choir days makes me miss singing in front of a crowd. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed on this one, stage fright (usually for singing) is one thing I'm still working on. The struggle is real.

That's much all about it for now, I suppose. Oooh ooh, did I mentioned that I'll be getting my hair dyed soon? I can't wait for that. Undeniably eager to see the final product. Since it will be my 1st time getting an extreme hair dye, I'm fired up to see how this one goes. Just unsure if I should dye it pink, purple, blue or green... And most probably, I'll be getting myself a new pair of contacts as well. My mom and dad has been surprisingly supportive of me and my wacky fashion sense lately. They call it 'part of growing up', but truthfully, it's just mainly me wanting to express myself. Ain't gonna let anyone dictate who I'm gonna be.

So yeah, that's it for now. I'll get back to you guys soon. Next week, of course. 
Have a nice week ahead of you, guys! Toodles!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Ghost Town - Off With Her Head

Ghost Town - In Flames

Ghost Town - Dreamer

Flickr Images

The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby

Catfish and the Bottlemen - Twice

Sleep Dealer - Nozomi