#8. It's Alright To Move On Fast

03:04:00



So this is more of a rant post. Because I felt like I really had to get it out.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, honestly. I'm getting a little bit annoyed here because I feel like I can't be myself without having to be criticized.

It's totally fine if someone you know who moves on from a relationship fast. Or course, it comes down to whether their intentions are right or wrong. In my case, it's the first. I do get over a relationship in a considerable period. And I don't need people telling me if I'm "moving on too fast", because you see, the time to heal differs for everyone. In my case, it's fast.

When I go through a break-up, that's not really going to help anybody. And to be honest, this might come out really harsh but I don't really like to dwell in the past when it comes to relationships. I prefer the option of turning to the next page. The previous chapters are done. Sounds cold, but I guess it's better to love yourself before you can love someone else. You just have to learn to make yourself happy when no one is. I'm not saying that love is not real and don't get married. I'm just saying it's important to love yourself. And I'm still working on that.

Maybe that's why, I guess, when I go through difficult situations, like life events in general, I try to make myself recover from them very quick. Perhaps be more cautious of who I open up to, be more wary of my surroundings, and looking out for toxic people, etc. I just shun or close myself up towards those negativity. Know what's the hardest part? Sometimes, it can be really hurtful. But it's always better to pull yourself together than just feel like a loser.

But somehow, people have a lot to say. Like for some reason, my life affects their life so much. Seriously? Like when I moved on, some people said it's too fast and what not. I don't wanna sound like I'm annoyed here, but I actually am. I'm just trying to be myself here, I don't have to tell people the full details of my relationship whether going all good or all bad. I'll go straight to the point, "The relationship didn't work out" or "We had a clash or personalities". It's that simple and direct.

Wow. What a story. Because really, that's all I need to tell you. I don't have to tell anyone what happened in my relationship. I can choose who I trust and open up to them. It ended. People break up. Everyone needs to move on. The end.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Ghost Town - Off With Her Head

Ghost Town - In Flames

Ghost Town - Dreamer

Flickr Images

The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby

Catfish and the Bottlemen - Twice

Sleep Dealer - Nozomi