#31. Manila, Philippines (Day 2) pt I

09:59:00


Read Me:
I didn't want this post to be draggy, so I'll be splitting Day 2 post into two parts.

Breakfast at Leeson's:
It was a long day for Day 1 and we knew it was going to be even longer for day 2. Derrick and I woke up about 6:00am. Took a long time for us to buffer, freshen up and get ready for the day. By the time we got down to the 2nd floor of the hotel, it was already 7:00am. We were greeted warmly by the hotel staffs and they welcomed us into the dining room. Our breakfast comprised of two toasts, two fried eggs, some sliced cucumbers, sweet canned fruits, and butter... complimentary with either tea or coffee. I got tea while Derrick got the coffee. Knowing how much I love my spices, we had to get some black-pepper. I think I went a bit overboard with the black-pepper on my eggs (?) But I guess one can never have enough black-pepper on their eggs. Also, thank God the yolks were runny. Score!

Derrick staring into space (or posing?)

Our breakfast at Leesons Residences

The simple dining room in Leesons Residences

Some uncle enjoying his cup of coffee
For the most part, the dining room itself was pretty cooling and we weren't the only guests at the hotel. There were 2 other men who were sipping away on their coffee. Breakfast was easy and hearty.

Rizal Park:
Zai and Chuza came to pick us up about 8:30am. While we were walking not far from our street, we saw people playing basketball. Zai explained that it's a common thing to see people playing basketball in the streets. If I recall, there are 7 major sports in Philippines and basketball is definitely one of them. So yeah, it does make sense to see them playing it on the streets. Whatever that makes it convenient, am I right?

View outside the doorstep from the right

Can you spot the 7-Eleven?

People playing basketball on the street
So I explained in my previous post that we saw the giant raised-relief map of Philippines. We couldn't make out the most of it since it was night. Thankfully, we got a lovely view in the morning and I must say, it was a refreshing sight!

Walking with Derrick, Chuza, and Zai

What could they possibly be looking at?

The raised-relief map of Philippines

It's way bigger than it looks in photos
Initially, our plan was to head straight to the National Museum of Anthropology, but we were a bit too early (Actually, no, we weren't but the guard told us it isn't open yet... Awkward). To kill ourselves sometime, we walked a bit around the park. The time passed fast much to our relief, and so we made our way to the museum. Zai told me this was the first museum I'll be visiting and that I'd love the second museum since art was much more of a focus there. Either way, I was excited for both.

National Museum of Anthropology:
It is said that this museum houses the most important ethnographic, anthropological, archaeological and visual artistry of the Philippines from the prehistoric period to the modern times. It was formerly known as the Museum of Filipino People.

National Museum of Anthropology

Just me staring at a chicken, move on now

Hi.
In there, you can see some artifacts, pictures, and of course, learn more about their roots. I should mention that each floor comprises of different galleries but I can't remember those since I was too fascinated to see the works. But I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

I was much in love with this.
 
Very MUCH in love.


Something about Rice:












Something about... clothes (?):




Me contemplating how many photos should I post
This summarizes part 1 of Day 2, stay tuned for the next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Ghost Town - Off With Her Head

Ghost Town - In Flames

Ghost Town - Dreamer

Flickr Images

The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby

Catfish and the Bottlemen - Twice

Sleep Dealer - Nozomi